Friday 2 August 2013

A selection of current works in progress

My concentration isn't everything that it used to be.  The way I deal is by keeping many projects going at a time, and switching between them.  It allows me to sit with crochet for hours at a time.

Clearly, I have a ridiculous number of things going on right now, as this is merely a selection of current works in progress.

Here's a poncho that I've been working on, but have let sit for a couple of weeks.  I'm wishing that I had gone darker orange, but as I hate to undo all those zig zags and such, it's staying with the colour selection as shown.  A few more rows to go, and then some sewing and finishing!  This is a project I began while visiting family, and did most of my work on it that weekend.  Family visits can be stressful, so it was nice to have something with a little complexity for distraction (the zig zag stitches).


I also have a longer-term ongoing blanket project.  I'm working on squares in this brown and a cream colour, and then will alternate the squares attached together, in a checkerboard type pattern.  This is a basket weave stitch, and very easy, but a little time-consuming.  It's simple enough that I can do it while paying attention to other people and what's going on around me, so it's saved as my anxiety work.  When in a situation where I may get anxious, I make sure people around me are okay with it, and work on this as I talk with them.  It's done wonders for how I relate to people.


I picked up my first kit from Mary Maxim, for a pair of cuffed slippers.  The pattern is darling, and I love the yarn colour.  Done in acrylic held together with two strands, it amazes me how well this is coming together without any frogging necessary.  Well, I say that, but they may be a little big, so I may have to start again if I can't think of somebody with really big feet to gift them to.


And the last one I'll share for now is a lacy scarf, in mohair.  Mohair isn't the easiest yarn to work with, and mistakes can be a little more challenging to frog.  But for lacy creations, I can't imagine another yarn looking nicer in this pattern!  This is fairly incomplete, compared to the other projects.  It's not challenging to do, but that's compensated for by how it looks and feels.  The yarn is an army green and purple mix, and looking gorgeous, in my opinion.


I will share as significant progress is made, or alternatively, when complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment