Friday 9 August 2013

Simple Tunisian lace scarf

This pattern came from the Spring 2013 issue of Crochet! magazine, and is called the Bubblegum Lace Scarf.  It's a super simple lace, done with Tunisian crochet.  It's my first complete project with Tunisian, other than a little bookmark I did to practise the Tunisian Simple Stitch.  It is also my first time making tassels, which were as easy as I hoped.  It was a pattern that was good to do while anxious in a hangout, or while watching television.

As per pattern, it's a rather short scarf, with apparent length coming from the tassels.  Given that it's a summer scarf, and not really intended to protect one from cold and biting wind.

I tried to rush through this scarf, to finish up another from my list of WIPs.  Because the Tunisian lace project that really has my interest is a lot more complex and interesting.  It involves rows with crossed double Tunisian stitches, a non-standard working off to compensate for skipped stitches, decreases, and overall prettiness.  In a lovely blue and maroon yarn I've been yearning to use.

I'll be trying to knock off a few more WIPs, to get to more of the lace patterns.  The mohair/cashmere lacey scarf is now over halfway done, for example!

No comments:

Post a Comment